ASERL Offer: Discounts at Backstage Library Works
From: John Burger (jburgeraserl.org)
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2018 11:31:41 -0800 (PST)

ASERL Friends:

You may recall a few months ago we convened a web meeting to gauge needs/interest in non-English language cataloging services among ASERL libraries.  After surveying our group, I am pleased to announce we have secured an agreement with Backstage Library Works (BSLW) to provide ASERL members an 8% discount on nearly all the services offered by BSLW.  Non-English cataloging services are just the start of the list – discounts are available for diacritic remediation, MARC-RDA conversion, database cleanup for ILS migration, digitization & microfilm conversion, and more.

To take advantage of the discount, simply contact BSLW rep Beth Ann Goodwill (bgoodwill [at] bslw.com) and identify your ASERL affiliation. The agreement will be reviewed annually.  If there’s significant uptake in these services, we may be able to increase the discount level in future years.  NOTE:  Discounts will be applied to new sales / service contracts only, not for existing orders.

The attached flyer describes the offer in more detail.  The BSLW press announcement is also available at http://www.bslw.com/news/wordpress/?p=1860

Our thanks to the Working Group who helped analyze the survey data and helped review the discount agreement:

Auburn University:  Nadine Ellero

Clemson University:  Lisa Bodenheimer

College of William & Mary:  Georgie Donovan

Florida State University:  Amauri Serrano

Tulane University:  Donna Cook

University of Florida:  Dave Van Kleeck & Hikaru Nakano