Re: WEBINAR: "Charlotte Ebook Initiative: Overview & Next Steps"
From: John Burger (jburgeraserl.org)
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2017 10:49:50 -0800 (PST)
ASERL Friends:

A reminder that tomorrow we will offer a webinar focusing on an overview &
discussion of next steps from leaders of the the Charlotte Ebook Initiative.
An updated registration list is below, FYI.

Over the last two years, The Charlotte Initiative for Permanent Acquisition of
E-books by Academic Libraries (http://charlotteinitiative.uncc.edu/), a
research grant funded by the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation, has been studying the
current state of e-books in the academic market. At the heart of the project
are three core principles proposed for e-book licenses:
  • Provision of irrevocable perpetual access and archival rights.
  • Allowance for unlimited simultaneous users.
  • Freedom from any Digital Rights Management (DRM), including (but not
limited to) use of proprietary formats, restricted access to content, or
time-limited access terms.

Throughout the life of the grant, groups of librarians, publishers, library
vendors, and consortia leaders discussed how these principles effect licensing,
user experience, course use, and platform/preservation of content.  Now that
the grant period is coming to a close, project leaders will share findings and
seek to keep the discussion going among our peers as the market continues to
evolve.

WEBINAR:  Overview & Next Steps: The Charlotte Ebook Initiative
DATE / TIME:  December 5, 2017  |  2pm ET / 1pm Central Time
REGISTER:  https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/1492797427870330627

REGISTRATION LIST - As of Dec 4, 2017
1. Auburn University    Nadine  Ellero
2. College of William and Mary  Katherine       McKenzie
3. Duke University      Jeff    Kosokoff
4. Duke University      Heather Martin
5. Duke University      Dee     McCullough
6. Duke University      Luo     Zhou
7. Emory University     Melanie Kowalski
8. Emory University     Lisa    Macklin
9. Florida State University     Shelly  Schmucker
10. George Mason University     Laura   Ramos
11. Georgia State University    Tricia  Clayton
12. Georgia State University    Michelle        Lee
13. Georgia State University    Jeff    Steely
14. Louisiana State University  Megan   Lounsberry
15. Louisiana State University  Stanley Wilder
16. Tulane University   Kate    Montgomery
17. Tulane University   Jane    Pinzino
18. UNC Charlotte       Renee   Moorefield
19. UNC Greensboro      Christine       Fischer
20. University of Alabama       Michael Arthur
21. University of Alabama       Mildred Jackson
22. University of Florida       Tara    Cataldo
23. University of Florida       Jason   Heckathorn
24. University of Georgia       Susan   Morris
25. University of Kentucky      Adrian  Ho
26. University of South Carolina        Christee        Pascale
27. University of South Carolina        Shanna  Schaffer
28. University of Tennessee     Isabella        Baxter
29. University of Tennessee     Teresa  Berry
30. University of Tennessee     Elyssa  Gould
31. University of Tennessee     Gail    Williams
32. University of Virginia      Suzanne Bombard
33. Vanderbilt University       Elisabeth       Shook
34. Virginia Commonwealth University    Karen   Gau
35. Virginia Commonwealth University    Patricia        Sobczak
36. Virginia Commonwealth University    Shirley Thomas
37. Virginia Tech       Michael Kucsak
38. Virginia Tech       Gail    McMillan
39. Virginia Tech       Leslie  O'Brien
40. Virginia Tech       Peter   Potter
41. Wake Forest University      Lauren  Corbett
42. Wake Forest University      Molly   Keener
43. Wake Forest University      Ellen   Makaravage

These sessions are available at no cost to ASERL members and guests, and will
be recorded for later playback.  Please feel free to share this information
with other librarians & staff who may be interested.  Our webinars are licensed
under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
License.  After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing
information about joining the webinar.    System Requirements:

We hope this proves to be of interest.  Please let me know any questions or if
you encounter difficulties with our e-meeting system.