WEBINAR: Model Publishing Contract for Long-Form Digital Scholarship?
From: John Burger (jburgeraserl.org)
Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2017 07:13:02 -0700 (PDT)
ASERL Friends:

I am pleased to announce that on October 25 we will host a webinar led by Lisa
Macklin, Director, Scholarly Communications Office, Emory University Libraries,
who will describe recent work performed by her and others to develop a Model
Publishing Contract for long-form digital scholarship.  In June 2017, Emory
University and the University of Michigan released the final version of a model
publishing contract (https://www.modelpublishingcontract.org/) which is
optimized for the publication of long-form digital scholarship, and can be
adapted for open access monographs and fully digital projects. The Model
Publishing Contract is freely available via a CC0 License to allow interested
parties to adapt and adopt it for their own use, and was developed over a
year-long process with the generous support of the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation.

The Model Publishing Contract is a natural extension of previous Mellon
Foundation-funded investigations at both Emory University and the University of
Michigan, which explored the future of the monograph in the digital era and how
institutional subventions might be used to fund book-length scholarship in the
humanities, respectively. The Model Publishing Contract will be discussed
within the context of a changing publication landscape, including examples of
how the Model Publishing Contract may be adapted for different types of
publications. This session will be of particular interest to those with a
publishing or digital humanities unit in your library and those who advise
authors on their book contracts.

WEBINAR:  "What is new about the model publishing contract for long-form
digital scholarship?"
DATE / TIME:  Wednesday, October 25, 2017  |  2pm ET / 1pm Central Time
REGISTER:  https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/8827232676908690945

These sessions are available at no cost to ASERL members and guests, and will
be recorded for later playback.  Please feel free to share this information
with other librarians & staff who may be interested.  Our webinars are licensed
under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
License.  After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing
information about joining the webinar.

System Requirements:
http://support.citrixonline.com/s/G2W/Help/SystemRequirements

We hope this proves to be of interest.  Please let me know any questions or if
you encounter difficulties with our e-meeting system.  Thanks!