SAVE THE DATES: Professional Development conferences from ASERL -- April 2018
From: John Burger (jburgeraserl.org)
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2017 06:33:23 -0700 (PDT)

<< Please share with other ASERL colleagues as appropriate.>>

ASERL Friends:

ASERL will sponsor the following professional development conferences back-to-back in April 2018 in Atlanta.  Preliminary information about each event is below.  Please save the dates if either or both of these are interesting to you.  We will have registration links posted soon.

  1. ACRL Road Show “Intersections of Scholarly Communication and Information Literacy” – April 26, 2018.  Co-hosted by Emory University Libraries.  See http://www.ala.org/acrl/intersections for session description.  (Note that our schedule will be modified to start a bit later in the day, to allow those driving in for the day a little more time to arrive.)  Our speakers will be Maryam Fakouri (University of Washington) and Joelle Pitts (Kansas State University).  Anticipated registration cost = $175.

  1. “Liaison Librarian Summit” (← working title) – April 27 – 28, 2018 (1.5 days, ending at noon on 4/28).  Co-hosted by Florida State University Libraries.  Based on ARL’s  acclaimed "Transforming Liaison Roles in Research Libraries" series, this event will include one part scenario planning, one part unconference, and one part brainstorming.  The agenda is currently under development, led by a 12-person Advisory Panel drawn from ASERL libraries.  Ideally we seek groups of 2 - 3 people from their library to attend, including those with outreach roles (could include scholarly communications, digital scholarship, data librarians, special collections, plus those with more traditional disciplinary liaison roles) plus a relevant manager/AUL.  We seek this to be a first step in  fostering a community of practice within ASERL.  Our lead facilitators for this event will be Rita Vine (University of Toronto / Visiting Program Officer - ARL) and Elizabeth Waraksa (Program Director for Research and Strategic Initiatives, ARL).  Anticipated registration cost = $150.

Registration and other information about both events will be coming soon.  Knowing that many people are planning their professional development activities for the year, we wanted to get this “save the dates” information to you now to aid in your planning.

Please let me know any questions.  Thanks for your support of ASERL.