Webinar: "Streaming Media Providers: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly – or maybe a little of each?"
From: John Burger (jburgeraserl.org)
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2017 08:33:32 -0700 (PDT)
ASERL Friends:

Please join us for a new webinar we will host later this month, "Streaming
Media Providers: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly – or maybe a little of each?"
As you know, in recent years many ASERL libraries have been licensing steaming
media content as a new way to support instruction. Some well-known e-resource
publishers have expanded their portfolios into this medium, and some new
providers have emerged in the library market. In this session you’ll hear from
six ASERL librarians who have worked closely with various streaming content
providers, including Alexander Street Press’ AVON, Kanopy, Swank Digital
Campus, Docuseek2, Film Platform, Films on Demand, Digital Theatre Plus, and
Ideas Roadshow. We will review licensing models, user interfaces, and overall
impressions of their working relationships. We will also discuss the evolution
of these types of acquisitions with libraries -- from purchases to leasing --
and the impacts on usage resulting from that change.

WEBINAR:  "Streaming Media Providers:  The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly – or
maybe a little of each?"
DATE / TIME:  September 29, 2017 at 2pm ET / 1pm Central Time
REGISTER:  https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/7242784742782791937

As always, these sessions are available at no cost to ASERL members and guests,
and will be recorded for later playback.  Please feel free to share this
information with other librarians & staff who may be interested.  Our webinars
are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0
International License.

about joining the webinar.  System requirements to attend this webinar:
http://support.citrixonline.com/webinar/all_files/G2W010003

Thanks for your interest in ASERL programming.  Please let me know if you
encounter any difficulties with our e-meeting system.

   Atlanta, GA  30322-1006

   Tel:  404-727-0137

Follow ASERL on Facebook:  http://on.fb.me/Ziuz2a
Find me on Twitter:  https://twitter.com/ASERLJEB