Re: Interest in Statista?
From: Palazzolo, Christopher (cpalazzemory.edu)
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2017 18:38:48 -0800 (PST)

Colleagues,

Emory had been subscribing to Statista for the last few years, and has seen significant use of the resource from all over campus (Business, political science, economics, etc), which we suspect is primarily coming from undergrads (although we will not be able to test this policy until early next year when we start analyzing our EZProxy logs in more detail).  The data is for the most part relatively recent, but comes from a good variety of sources; there are dossiers and reports that combine several related data points into a package of sorts.  We are also considering PolicyMap, which has a GIS capability/functionality that is absent in Statista, which again seems to focus more on general survey data than on "mappable" data sources.  So, it may serve as a supplement to Statista.

Chris

Chris Palazzolo, PhD
Head, Collection Management
Social Sciences Librarian & Team Leader
Adjunct Faculty, Department of Political Science
Emory University
Atlanta, GA 30322
cpalazz [at] emory.edu
404-727-0143