|Re: HELP WANTED: Seeking co-chair for ASERL CollDev group||<– Date –> <– Thread –>|
|From: John Burger (jburgeraserl.org)|
|Date: Tue, 17 May 2016 08:16:39 -0700 (PDT)|
A reminder that we are seeking volunteers/nominees to serve as co-chair of the Collection Development group. Submissions are due at the end of this month, the post starts on July 1, 2016. Please see the original announcement below for more information, and share with interested colleagues.
The ASERL Collection Development Initiative, a.k.a. ASERL-CollDev, was launched in 2005 and initially charged with exploring cooperative purchasing opportunities for ASERL libraries. In recent years, the group has focused more on issue-driven discussions such as the use of methods of business models for sharing ebook content, operational issues as libraries contend with Demand-Driven Acquisitions (DDA) processes, the emergence of our Shared Print programs for print journals and FDLP content, and general information-sharing among collection management leaders within the Association. I am particularly pleased that the members of the ASERL-CollDev group have established a strong rapport via networking activities over the past several years, including meetings at the Charleston Conference each November and ad-hoc get-togethers at other professional conferences.
We are now seeking a new Co-Chair to help lead this initiative for ASERL, as Steve Carrico’s term will expire on June 30th. The new Co-Chair will serve a two-year term beginning July 2016. He/she will work with the ongoing Co-Chair Skye Hardesty (GSU) and me to establish priorities for the coming year and review emerging issues/opportunities as they arise.
* Effective at fostering a sense of community across remote locations
* Very current on emerging issues in Collection Management
* Availability to contribute 2 - 3 hours per month to this volunteer activity.
* Willing to contact people inside/outside ASERL to serve as webinar speakers
* Familiarity with basic webpage editing tools (WordPress) to help monitor/maintain the CollDev webpage
* Willing to interact with vendors and other librarians to develop cooperative purchasing/licensing offers for ASERL libraries Additionally, it would be helpful that the next Co-Chair come from a state other than <state>, so we can have knowledge of relevant state-based discussions in as broad a geographic area as possible.
Anyone interested in working with us on this initiative are asked to submit their names and brief professional background to me by May 31, 2016. Self-nominations are encouraged. The final selection will be made by the ASERL Board.
This is a good group of highly talented people; we look forward to maintaining the positive momentum into the next program year.
Thanks for considering this request.
John Burger, Executive Director
Association of Southeastern Research Libraries
c/o Georgia State University Library - Administration Suite LS7
100 Decatur Street SE
Atlanta, GA 30303-3202
Follow ASERL on Facebook: http://on.fb.me/Ziuz2a
Find me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/ASERLJEB
HELP WANTED: Seeking co-chair for ASERL CollDev group John Burger, April 4 2016
- Re: HELP WANTED: Seeking co-chair for ASERL CollDev group John Burger, May 17 2016
Results generated by Tiger Technologies Web hosting using MHonArc.