ASERL Disposition Database Needs List Export is Live!
From: Cheryle Cole-Bennett (ccole-bennettaserl.org)
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2017 13:02:16 -0700 (PDT)

Good afternoon ASERL Friends,

I am pleased to announce that the Needs list export is now Live!  As you login to the ASERL Disposition Database you will see this option in your Needs section (screen capture attached).

This enhancement allows any library that has created a Needs list in the ASERL Disposition Database to export their own Needs lists in a csv file template.

         The export template is designed to match the FDLP eXchange Needs template (http://bit.ly/2uCOvWN) so that minimal editing will be required to import the file.

         The various data elements used in each record (Title, Classification Type, Document Number, Format, etc.) are described in the FDLP eXchange Data Dictionary.  Please know that some of these elements are not used in the ASERL Disposition Database, and as such, the corresponding column in the csv template will be blank.

         You have control over both the records that are chosen for export from the ASERL Disposition Database and ultimately those you wish to import into FDLP eXchange.

We continue to work with GPO in testing the import functionality in advance of their release of FDLP eXchange, and will update documentation in the Disposition Database LibGuide as this process continues.  In the interim, I would encourage you to run an export of your Needs list and review the csv file against the FDLP eXchange Data Dictionary to get an idea of the relationship between the two systems.  If it has been awhile since you have reviewed or updated your Needs list in the Disposition Database, this may also be a good time for a fresh look.

I again want to take this opportunity to thank our UF colleagues for their ongoing support and development of this important tool for the program.

As always, please email me with any questions or comments ? or if I can provide additional information.  And, stay tuned for updates on the Expired Offers export functionality that is now in development.