Re: gov docs in storage
From: Christine L. Fletcher (CFletcherlibrary.msstate.edu)
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2014 07:54:41 -0700 (PDT)
Mississippi State University recently began using off-site storage a few miles from campus.  We can also retrieve items in a day.  We've moved over the Serial Set and our Inactive Reference collection.  Our Inactive Reference collection contains some material originally acquired through the depository program (we plan to bring the population and agriculture census volumes back into the main library--its a work in progress).

Christine

>>> "SUDDUTH III, BILL" <SUDDUTHW [at] mailbox.sc.edu> 4/9/2014 11:41 AM >>>

Folks,

I'm curious how many folks are currently sending depository materials to a storage facility.  I'm also curious if your materials are going into a shared facility, ie shared with another institution.

Reply to the list if you want to share and me - sudduthw [at] mailbox.sc.edu if you just want my eyes to see your message.

Last question - how many of you would be interested in an ASERL webinar on the issues?

Thanks

Bill Sudduth

Head, Government Information and Maps

University of South Carolina