Re: gov docs in storage
From: Kathryn Wesley (KWESLEYclemson.edu)
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2014 14:50:01 -0700 (PDT)

From the responses so far, it sounds like not every institution that has depository materials stored offsite has them in a high-density, warehouse type storage facility.  Am I misinterpreting?  Are some institutions using high density storage facilities and others using offsite open stacks?

Clemson has used offsite high-density storage for ten years or so, but have not stored any depository materials so far.  Any materials deposited in this kind of storage facility must be cataloged, with every volume barcoded.  So documents going to storage will have to be cataloged up front.

Our turnaround time for requested items is 24 hours.  We also scan and email requested articles.

Kathryn