Demonstration of the ASERL Documents Disposition Database
From: Cheryle Cole-Bennett (ccole-bennettaserl.org)
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2014 07:33:07 -0800 (PST)

Good morning.

It is hard to believe that the Documents Disposition Database developed by the University of Florida in support of ASERL’s Guidelines for Managing FDLP Collections in the Southeast Region has been in operation for 2 ½ years.  First launched in May 2011, Phase I of the release allowed for the listing of Offers.  Phase 2 followed in August 2011 adding the Needs component - further streamlining the disposition process.

Since its release, a number of enhancements have been implemented based on user feedback.  In addition, new libraries have registered and have begun using the database to manage their disposition process – or are about to begin.  As such, we felt it might be a good time to ask Winston Harris – the developer of the database - to offer an updated overview and to provide an opportunity for users to ask questions about the system’s functionality.  And in true Winston form, he has agreed.

WEBINAR:  Demonstration of the ASERL Documents Disposition Database

DATE/TIME:  Thursday, January 30, 2014  3:00pm

REGISTER:  https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/490665314

After registering you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.  As always, this session is free and open to interested librarians, faculty, and staff, and it will be recorded for later playback.

Please let me know if you have any questions, or if you encounter any difficulties with registering for this session.

CHERYLE COLE-BENNETT

Program Coordinator

Box 90182

226A Bostock