Congrats to Barbie Selby!
From: John Burger (jburgeraserl.org)
Date: Fri, 10 May 2013 10:01:39 -0700 (PDT)

ASERL Friends:

Forgive me for being a little late to the party, but I was so pleased to read (just now) that our colleague Barbie Selby of the University of Virginia will receive this year’s James Bennett Child Award, presented by ALA’s Government Documents Round Table (GODORT).  This award honors a person who has made a lifetime and significant contribution to the field of government documents and their use in libraries.  Barbie oversees the 39 selective depositories in Virginia, and has been a wonderful supporter of ASERL’s Collaborative Federal Depository program.  In the announcement, it was noted that Barbie “continues to challenge the entire depository community to think in new and more creative ways to sustain the FDLP without compromising access to government information. She is always thinking about library collections broadly and with a practical eye, always with the user in mind.”

The full announcement can be found at http://wikis.ala.org/godort/index.php/Announcing_the_2013_GODORT_Awards_Winners

Congratulations, Barbie – very well deserved!

   Box 90182  /  411 Chapel Drive

   226A Bostock Library

   Durham, NC 27708

   919-681-2531 – telephone