Greetings Everyone and Welcome: ASERL DEI Group
From: Elaina Norlin (enorlinaserl.org)
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2020 10:57:36 -0800 (PST)
Hello Everyone! I hope this message arrives in good spirits and health!

My name is Elaina Norlin and I'm the new Professional Development/DEI
Coordinator for the Association for Southeastern Research Libraries (ASERL).
As ASERL members, we are here to provide resources, recommendation and
strategies to help you create the best work environment to successfully recruit
and retain a diverse workforce.   We also want to provide a space where ASERL
members can support each other while we are developing more successful DEI
models.

For the next two years I will visiting the member libraries to find out about
your DEI and professional development activities   I already heard from a few
locations that are just getting started and that is completely fine.  I can
tailor my site visits to your specific needs   I'm starting my site visits
February 18th at UNC Charlotte and looking forward to meeting everyone.

Next year, I will be organizing some regional DEI meetings with will be results
of your specific feedback.

So in terms of this DEI distribution list, I will not be overwhelming you with
emails.   However, I will be sending out information about:

  1.  DEI related scholarships, grants, trainings and other opportunities
  2.  DEI related survey for specific regional training
  3.  Upcoming ASERL DEI leadership opportunities
  4.  DEI related webinars (if you have any suggestions, please send me an
email)
  5.  Professional development related videos and other regional resources

If you have any questions for me before I set up a time to visit your campus,
email me or give me a call.

Until then, thanks again and welcome
Elaina

Elaina Norlin, Professional Development/DEI Coordinator

Robert W. Woodruff Library

540 Asbury Circle, Suite 316

Atlanta, GA  30322-1006

Tel:  (520) 548-5326

Follow ASERL on Facebook:
http://on.fb.me/Ziuz2a<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__on.fb.me_Ziuz2a&d=DwMGaQ&c=imBPVzF25OnBgGmVOlcsiEgHoG1i6YHLR0Sj_gZ4adc&r=hNxhH_j5ifVlSZKlK0Zf9qOwBeMxBvTKz6BadenLsgo&m=9umhtQrmPb2-rmMOtdsMjw_Q8Zf4T6NspzS5-EdI57g&s=DfWsvc34zpDooEZEZ58-v8MOcW7FKqhz8h49kLrRA7M&e=>