Introducing Elaina Norlin
From: John Burger (jburgeraserl.org)
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2019 06:12:41 -0800 (PST)
Hello, ASERL DEI-Deans Committee:

With this email I am introducing Elaina Norlin, our new Program Coordinator for
Professional Development and DEI.  As you will recall from previous
correspondence, Elaina has a broad and interesting background:  For ten years
she served as Executive Director of the African American Research Library and
Cultural Center in Fort Lauderdale, overseeing significant programmatic growth
and community outreach activities.  Elaina also worked previously for OCLC, the
US Institute for Museum and Library Services (IMLS), and the University of
Arizona.  She also has lots of experience in event planning, grant oversight,
and program marketing.  Her ASERL email address is enorlin [at]
aserl.org<mailto:enorlin [at] aserl.org>.

Her initial work will include evaluating past programming and a review of our
priority DEI project list.  Sher will also conduct visits to ASERL libraries in
the coming months to get more information from our members first-hand.

NEXT STEPS

I'd like to arrange for an e-meeting to connect Elaina with the work of this
group, get acquainted, talk about next steps, etc.  At your earliest
opportunity, please complete the scheduling poll:
https://doodle.com/poll/argprsxm6vutqez7.

With our thanks for your ongoing support of ASERL!