Seeking reps for Search Committee -- ASERL Program Coordinator
From: John Burger (jburgeraserl.org)
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2019 07:11:28 -0700 (PDT)
Good morning –

As you know, ASERL members approved the proposal to provide funding for a
Program Coordinator for Professional Development, with an emphasis on
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.  The position will be based out of Emory
University, as part of ASERL’s hosting agreement.  Emory HR is refining the job
posting now; we hope to have something ready to circulate in the next few days.

NEXT STEPS:  We are seeking volunteers to serve on the Search Committee.  The
Search Committee will include:

·         two reps from ASERL’s Board of Directors (TBD),

·         one person from the Deans’ DEI Committee, and

·         one person from the DEI Coordinators’ Working Group, and

·         me as the Hiring Manager.

Emory HR will do the initial screening of applicants for us -- a pass-fail
process to weed out any obvious misalignments.  They need our Search Committee
to do the closer review, conduct telephone interviews, determine who to meet in
person, make a final recommendation, etc.

If you’d like to serve in this role, please contact me no later than Wednesday,
June 26, 2019.

Please let me know any questions.  Thank you.

   Atlanta, GA  30322-1006

   Tel:  404-727-0137

Follow ASERL on Facebook:  http://on.fb.me/Ziuz2a
Find me on Twitter:  https://twitter.com/ASERLJEB