Invitation to join Planning Committee for Library Diversity & Residency Studies Conference
From: Martin Halbert (mdhalberuncg.edu)
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2019 14:02:40 -0700 (PDT)
Greetings,

Interested in equity, diversity, and inclusion issues?  Thinking about
starting a diversity residency program for your library?  Perhaps you would
like to share what your library is doing about these topics?  Consider
joining the Planning Committee for the upcoming *Library Diversity &
Residency Studies Conference, which will be held August 26-27, 2019 in
Greensboro, NC.*  We are interested in hearing your ideas for the
conference, including topics and possible presenters to invite.  If you are
interested, join one of our upcoming planning meetings, either in person or
via webinar:

IN PERSON MEETING AT ACRL THIS WEEK:
If you are attending ACRL, join us for a working lunch meeting Friday,
April 12th at 11:30 am in the Burnham Restaurant, Hilton Hotel across of
the Convention Center.  This will be our first group planning meeting, and
will be led by Gerald Holmes (UNC Greensboro), Bonnie Smith (University of
Florida), Denelle Eads (UNC Charlotte), and Martin Halbert (UNC
Greensboro).  We will do initial planning for the conference, and welcome
additional institutions  to join the group.

WEBINAR NEXT WEEK:
Not going to ACRL?  Join us for a teleconference next week on Thursday,
April 18, at 1 PM ET.  Join the teleconference via the web at at:
https://zoom.us/j/745148665
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fzoom.us%2Fj%2F745148665&sa=D&ust=1555182532293000&usg=AFQjCNFdFsBL8zQSvhYM14SukXE4ZkpmyQ>
or
via phone:
+1 646 876 9923 US (New York) +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose) +1 408 638 0968
US (San Jose) Meeting ID: 745 148 665
We welcome input from anyone interested in these important topics!

Warm regards,

Martin Halbert (Ph.D., MLIS), UNC Greensboro Dean of Libraries