Re: FW: BTAA invitation to support e-resource evaluations
From: Russell,Judith (jcrussellufl.edu)
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2019 08:37:51 -0700 (PDT)
I am also supportive, but cautious. We have had great difficulty with
accessibility clauses in our recent contracts and it has been an area of great
concern for the UF Office of the General Counsel.  I assume that more
participating institutions helps get the vendors' attention/action, but I also
think we need to be working on recommended language for the contracts (in
consultation with our general counsels). My OGC is concerned about the
liability to the university and the vendors are concerned about the expense of
converting retrospective content and the responsibility that these clause place
on them.

Judy

Judith C. Russell
Dean of University Libraries