This Week: 'Real Talk with ALA's Tracie Hall. Then Collection Assessment, Special Collection during Pandemic, and Racial Justice Blogging
From: John Burger (jburgeraserl.org)
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2021 07:11:44 -0700 (PDT)
Good morning, ASERL Friends:

At least I think it's morning -- every year when the time changes it takes me
days to adjust. Nonetheless, this week we are hosting the second session in our
"Diversity Success Chronicles", hearing from ALA's Executive Director Tracie D
Hall.  Next week has three sessions, focusing on collections assessment,
serving special collections researchers during these challenging times, and
then using library collections to advance racial justice via blogging.  Join us!

"An Afternoon With Tracie Hall: The "Real Talk" Edition"
Mar 18, 2021 at 2pm EDT
REGISTER:  https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/2641657362825258256
292 people registered as of March 15

"Realize Your Assessment Dreams: Practical Strategies for Making Collection
Analysis a Reality"
Mar 22, 2021 at 2pm EDT
REGISTER:  https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/7836175803769886480
86 people registered as of March 15

"The Pandemic's Impact on Serving Special Collections Researchers"
Mar 24, 2021 at 2pm EDT
REGISTER:  https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/1284136534153491213
163 people registered as of March 15

"Collaborating for Impact: Creating a Racial Justice Blog Series to Connect the
Past to the Present"
Mar 25, 2021 at 2pm EDT
REGISTER:  https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/3428824125569051150
75 people registered as of March 15

"Metadata through a DEI Lens: Creating More Inclusive Cataloging in the MARC
Environment"
Mar 30, 2021 at 2pm EDT
REGISTER:  https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/2677893967524002575
486 people registered as of March 15

NEW! "Overview of Open Access Models, Lessons Learned"
April 6, 2021 at 11am ET / 10am Central Time
REGISTER:  https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/1251953830221646606

NEW!  "Making the most of your new cache of Adam Matthew content"
April 12, 2021 at 11am ET / 10am Central Time
REGISTER:  https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/8217011447697974796

NEW!  "On These Grounds: Developing an Event Ontology and Resources for
Describing Enslaved Lives"
April 15, 2021 at 3pm ET / 2pm Central Time
REGISTER:  https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/6572276192333170443

ASERL's webinars are licensed under a Creative Commons
Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.  As always,
these sessions are available at no cost, and will be recorded for later
playback on our Archive page -- see http://www.aserl.org/archive.

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information
about joining the webinar.

We hope these prove to be interesting and useful.  Your constructive feedback
is always welcome!

Thank you for your continued support of ASERL programming.

--jeb

John Burger, Executive Director
Association of Southeastern Research Libraries (ASERL) c/o Robert W. Woodruff
Library
540 Asbury Circle, Suite 316
Atlanta, GA  30322

404-218-4207 -- cellular