Update from ASERL's Accessibility Interest Group
From: John Burger (jburgeraserl.org)
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2020 10:22:26 -0700 (PDT)
Hello, ASERL Friends:

I hope this finds everyone staying healthy and safe as we start to look into
Fall and Winter.  We are all juggling new roles and responsibilities, but I
wanted to share an update on the workings of ASERL's Accessibility Interest
Group.

  1.  We surveyed IG members earlier this year about desired interests / areas
for program development, and asked respondents to indicate if they had
time/interest in joining Working Groups to create the new programming.  We have
parsed those replies and have created six initial Working Groups:
     *   Training & Professional Development (Jon Ezell, initial convener)
     *   Campus Collaborations (Sara Belmont, initial convener)
     *   Policy & Advocacy (Beth Ashmore, initial convener)
     *   Library Instruction (Jon Ezell, initial convener)
     *   Library Spaces (Beth Ashmore, initial convener)
     *   Media & Captioning (Sara Belmont, initial convener)
If you expressed interest in one of these topics, you will soon be hearing from
the initial convener (noted above) with a Doodle poll to set up initial
get-together calls, develop consensus on goals, and draft activity plans to
attain those goals.

  1.  LAA Accessibility Awareness Webinars - In partnership with the Big Ten
Academic Alliance, we are offering four webinars this Fall.  They are available
at no cost and are being recorded / posted under a Creative Commons license.
     *   Library Accessibility Alliance webinar #1: An Introduction to
Disability - Sept 30.  See recording at
www.aserl.org/archive<http://www.aserl.org/archive>
     *   Library Accessibility Alliance webinar #2: Disability Awareness - Use
of physical spaces by persons with disabilities.  October 23, 2020 at 2pm ET /
1pm Central Time (tomorrow!)
REGISTER:
https://emory.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJYtduCurD4oE9WIXhZlWZsZl8lo2c75AoWs
     *   Library Accessibility Alliance webinar #3: Website Accessibility 101 &
Library Resources.  November 10, 2020 at 2pm ET / 1pm Central Time
REGISTER:
https://emory.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJMocu2hrT4vHtZvSjyDLVpcQMn0sfmR8j0F
     *   Library Accessibility Alliance webinar #4: Overview of E-Resource
Assessment Process.  December 1, 2020 at 2pm Eastern Time / 1pm Central Time
REGISTER:
https://emory.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJwpcumtqDoiHdCMql9Kbsfs_i6HjGx30R9g

  1.  We are continuing to build our contact list.  If you know anyone at an
ASERL library who would like to subscribe to our Accessibility Interest Group
list, please point them to:

Thanks for your ongoing support of this initiative.  You'll be hearing more
from us soon.  We look forward to working together with you!

On behalf od ASERL Accessibility Interest Group Leadership Team,
   Beth Ashmore, North Carolina State University
   Sara Belmont, William & Mary
   Jon Ezell, University of Alabama
   John Burger, ASERL

--jeb